Sadie is a 1.5yo rescue pitbull/whippet mix. She loves walking around Media, barking at cats and getting attention from friends around town on her walks.
The CDC has created a page for pets like Sadie and pet owners to find information on the Coronavirus. Some key points from this site are:
- Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses. Some cause illness in people, and others cause illness in certain types of animals.
- Coronaviruses that infect animals can sometimes be spread to people, but this is rare.
- We do not know the exact source of the current outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The first infections were linked to a live animal market, but the virus is now spreading from person to person.
- CDC is aware of a very small number of pets outside the United States reportedexternal icon to be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 after close contact with people with COVID-19.
- We do not have evidence that companion animals, including pets, can spread COVID-19.
- We do not have evidence to suggest that imported animals or animal products imported pose a risk for spreading the 2019 novel coronavirus in the United States.
- Further studies are needed to understand if and how different animals could be affected by COVID-19.
Click here to view the full site.