The Media Fire Company offers fire protection to the borough and mutual aid support to surrounding areas such as Nether Providence, Middletown and Upper Providence. EMS is provided to Media, and Upper Providence, along with portions of Nether Providence Township and Rose Valley Borough. Because most of the fire companies in the area are volunteer companies and due to a lack of available firefighters in the daytime , when a fire call comes in, the surrounding companies offer support for each other.
Media Fire Company handles about 400 fire calls a year and 2200 ambulance calls. Currently, there are 30 active volunteers on the force and 12 paid Emergency Medical Technicians but Media Fire Company is always looking for more volunteers! Why volunteer? Volunteering is a very valuable and rewarding way for you to serve the Borough of Media. It takes many hours of training, and dedication to become a firefighter or EMS provider. If you are willing to put in the time and effort, Media Fire Company is ready for you to serve.
You will develop a sense of pride being a member of a department that has provided valuable community services since 1891; and meet new people and develop friendships that will last a lifetime. Below you’ll find information on how to contact the fire company and apply for membership. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Now that you have decided that you want to be a member of Media Fire Company just follow these simple steps.
- Make sure you are ready to commit.
- Making the decision to become a volunteer firefighter or EMS provider should not be taken lightly. This decision requires many hours of training and a strong commitment to serve your community.
- Contact Media Fire Company
- Stop by the station any Tuesday night and ask to speak to any officer
- Call the station and leave a message for the membership committee 610-565-3737
- Complete the application
- Follow this link to download a membership application or pick one up at the station.
- Once you have completed the application drop it off at the station on a Tuesday night
- If you are between the ages of 15 – 17 you will need your parent’s permission to join.
- After you join the company you will be entered into a variety of training courses.
- NFPA certified Firefighting program 150 hours
- First Responder Certification program 48 hours
- EMT Certification program 137 hours
- Enjoy the idea of helping your neighbors and community.
Looking for more information and considering applying to be a volunteer ? Click here.