Here are just a few simple tips to improve the comfort of your home as warmer temperatures arrive, while also saving money on utility bills.
Inside Your Home:
- Open Windows. Use the breeze at night to cool your home without switching on air conditioners.
- Spring Clean Your Fridge. By removing unneeded and expired food, air will circulate more efficiently inside the fridge. Clear dust from the coils behind your fridge to reduce energy consumption.
- Prep Your AC Unit. Check and replace your air filters regularly and schedule annual maintenance with a qualified technician.
Outside Your Home:
- Grill Outside. Move the cooking outside on warm spring days to keep the heat out of your home.
- Seal Air Leaks. Use low-cost caulk or weather stripping to keep warm air from seeping in.
- Mow Grass 3 ½ Inches or Longer. Keep grass stalks longer to help retain moisture and leave the grass clippings in place when you mow to act as a natural mulch.
- Install Rain Barrels. Collect rainwater to use for your lawn & garden while reducing both your water bill and harmful runoff.